Young and Sons builds Caterpillar engines within their Indianapolis facility. A family owned and operated business for over 65 years, Young and Sons is sure to have the Diesel Engines you are looking for.
Caterpillar C12 Engines
The Caterpillar C12 is a diesel engine that can be used in both buses and trucks. The Caterpillar C12 operates between 1,200 and 2,100 revolutions per minute. The C12 engine will redline at 2,100 rpm. The horsepower of the C12 is 430 (mph) change to (HP). The peak torque rating of this engine is 1,650 ft-lb at 1,200 rpm, with the torque rise percentage at 53 percent.
This engine is air and liquid cooled, and the cooling system holds 2.7 gallons of coolant. While the lubricating oil system can hold up to 9.4 gallons. The battery has an electrical backup and a self-diagnostic system.
Performance Specs of the Caterpillar C12
– 12-valve engine
– 732 cubic-inch
– Bore 5.1
– Stroke 5.9
– Displacement- cu in (L) 732
– Rotation (from flywheel end) Counterclockwise
– Cooling System 2.7
– Lube Oil System (refill) – gal 9.4
– Weight 2,070 lbs
– Length 50.6 inches
– 35.68 inches wide
– 41.85 inches tall
– Crankcase breather
– Electronic control module
– Electronic data link, ATA/SAE
– Electronically controlled unit injector fuel system
– Fuel – spin-on filter, priming and transfer pumps
– Gear driven jacket water pump
– Governor – full-range electronically controlled
– Hydraulic steering pump drive, SAE A Lifting eyes Lubricating – cooler, right hand filler, full flow filter, gear-driven pump, front or rear sump pan Turbocharger
Contact Us Today for More Information on the Caterpillar C12 Engine
If you have any questions about the Caterpillar C12, contact us directly at (317) 263-0960. We offer free quotes on our Diesel Engines as well. To receive a free quote, fill out our contact form we will get back to you as soon as we can. We look forward to working with you on all of your Caterpillar C12 needs.